[Incubator] Meeting Reminder

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Sun Apr 9 12:38:39 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> plan to attend.  If you can't please try and feedback on the Agenda
> items by
> email to the list.  Keep in mind that if we pass requirements for
> incubation
Hi everyone, I am doing a presentation to a combined crowd of Java and
GIS users on Monday night (for details
please see the africa at osgeo.org list) and will be unable to attend.

1. Review Project Status Template

Seems straightforward - not quite sure what "Have project documents been
updated to reflect membership in the foundation, and the relationship of
the project to the foundation?" means.

2. Incubation Mentor Guidelines

3. Project Infrastructure Migration

Can the integration table for collabnet be completed?

4. Incubation status documents

You will find a status page now, and some of the notes made as we wind
our way through the geotools process. Many of the issues I am
considering do not seem to be on the table (ie documentation review,
dependency on other libs etc...).
> The final item is a fairly opened ended discussion of what the
> "incubation
> transformation" should mean, and whether there are additional
> requirements
I think we should do as we always planned, use these initial projects as
a guide
to what kinds of transformations should be expected as a project goes though
incubation. During discussion & email several interesting expectations
were raised
and I think talking to the projects afterwards will lead to a good set
of ideas.