triple licensing, js file license references

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Sun Apr 23 14:17:58 EDT 2006

Hi developers,
there have been some discussions regarding licensing. What do you think of
this one, I stumbled accross on Mozilla when checking out the calendar:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/index.html

"Sunbird is licensed under the MPL/GPL/LGPL triple license, allowing use
of the files under the terms of any one of the Mozilla Public License,
version 1.1 (MPL), the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later
(GPL), or the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1 or later
(LGPL)."

This would finally take care of people pestering us whether they are
allowed to bind, use, include, package, whatever Mapbender into their
proprietary applications. We get this kind of request every two weeks and
every time its a hassle finding out whether or not and how to.

Comments?

Hi InCom,
another quetion is how to references the license in JavaScript files. Some
of them are so short that even the short license reference is three times
larger than the code itself. My favorite is this one:
https://mapbender.osgeo.org/source/browse/*checkout*/mapbender/trunk/mapbender/http/javascripts/mod_treeConf.js?rev=38

In most short js files we therfore currently don't have any reference to
the GPL. Is that problematic?

--
Arnulf Christl
http://www.ccgis.de