[Incubator] Re: [Web Comm] MapBuilder 1.0 Release

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 16:13:36 EDT 2006

Frank, I'll forward our announcement through to Daniel.  (Our 1.0
release went out yesturday).

For future, I will subscribe webcom to the mapbuilder announce email
list (which we currently only use for release announcements).  I suggest
someone does the same for other projects.

Daniel, who is "visibility"?

Daniel Brookshier wrote:
> I also suggest that you let visibility know as these should also be
> press releases.
>
> Daniel Brookshier | Community Manager | CollabNet, Inc.
> 8000 Marina Blvd. Suite 600 | Brisbane, CA 94005 | USA
> O 972.422.5261 | C 214.207.6614 | dbrookshier at collab.net
>

> On Apr 26, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>> Cameron,
>>
>> I see MapBuilder recently issued a 1.0 release.  I'm not sure  exactly
>> when,
>> I just noticed it in Sean Gilles blog.  I would like to suggest that
>> major project release announcements be forwarded to webcom to issue as
>> news items on the www.osgeo.org main web page.
>>
>> If you are willing, perhaps you could send some appropriate front page
>> news text to DanielB or via the webcom "bug tracker".
>>
>> cc:ing incubator to encourage other projects to do the same for
>> significant
>> releases.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam,
>> warmerdam at pobox.com
>> light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
>> and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGF, http://
>> osgeo.org