Project Application for Incubation

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Aug 31 08:21:34 EDT 2006

Hi,
I received a request regarding application for OSGeo incubation with a
questions whether
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Proposed_Project_Submission_Process
is approved and active. I admit I was at a loss and stumbled around the
Wiki find this document not referenced, so I'd say its obsolete. Anybody
feel like sorting this out? If not thats the chair's job. Sorry. :-)

I suggest to make this the only entrance point:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Official_IncCom_Documents_%28status%29
and either sort all else under this tag or redirect it.

To redirect obsolete pages to the new location just add:
#redirect[[Page Name to Redirect To]]
to the first line of the corresponding Wiki page to redirect all links
coming in. You do not even have to delete the content although in most
cases you rather would to avoid chaos. The history always stays.

Frank, Markus:
as administrators you *can* physically delete pages, usually you
wouldn't do that, just remove all the content and only leave the
redirect link.

Markus has done excellent work using Categories, check it out:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Category:Incubation

But many people don't know about this so they need a spoa, hence either:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Official_IncCom_Documents_%28status%29
or
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/IncCom_Wiki

Regards,