[Incubator] Project Application for Incubation

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Aug 31 15:42:54 EDT 2006

On Thu, August 31, 2006 16:43, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Arnulf Christl wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I received a request regarding application for OSGeo incubation with a
>> questions whether
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Proposed_Project_Submission_Process
>> is approved and active. I admit I was at a loss and stumbled around the
>> Wiki find this document not referenced, so I'd say its obsolete. Anybody
>> feel like sorting this out? If not thats the chair's job. Sorry. :-)
>>
>> I suggest to make this the only entrance point:
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Official_IncCom_Documents_%28status%29
>> and either sort all else under this tag or redirect it.
>
> Arnulf,
>
> The official process is published at:
>
>    http://incubator.osgeo.org/
>
> This includes the notes on where to submit new project requests.  To the
> best of my knowledge this information has been adequately hidden so far
> that no one has found it.
>
> I will take an action item to update the foundation FAQ on the public
> pages
> to reference this process.
>
> Some wiki cleaning, including redirects pointing the working docs to the
> official docs on the web is desirable.  Anyone is welcome to take this on
> since my intent to do so doesn't seem to have panned out yet.

Huh? What? Me stupid, me no understand.

btw, Daniel Morissette needs to be added to the member list at:
https://incubator.osgeo.org/

What became of "Contributor Agreement"
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Contributor_Agreement
It is still lingering in the Wiki but OSGeo does not require them
currently. Is this in any way connected to transfering code copyright?
Maybe GeoTools can say a last word (delete or restart discussion).

> Best regards,

Arnulf Christl
http://www.ccgis.de