Couple of questions...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 8 12:35:10 EST 2006

Hi all: I've started work on a contributors list and a few questions have come up:

  1) Is there any guidance beyond what's in the FAQ about when a CLA is necessary? I'm curious what other projects are setting as thresholds.

  2) What about the "idea" vs. "implementation"? Often, someone comes up with a great idea and perhaps even pseudo code, but the realization of that is done by a developer.

  3) Organization vs. individual CLA's - is there a foundation preference when either could apply?

  4) Personally, over the years I have contributed code on behalf of 3 organizations to MapServer.  Would multiple CLA's need to be filed?

Steve