[Incubator] Re: OSGeo Portal Project Tailoring

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 15 13:03:33 EST 2006

Daniel Brookshier wrote:
> You would do something very similar. What specifically do you want and
> what should point where. It will take me a while, but I can hack this up
> for you.

Daniel,

I specifically want to modify the "Project Tools" box so that:
  o "Discussion Forums" is removed.
  o Mailing Lists points somewhere else so I can list all mailing lists,
    even those hosted off site.
  o "Documents and files", or perhaps replaced with a "Download" link to
    my normal downloads page.
  o "Subversion" is removed.
  o "Project Tracker" is replaced by "Bugzilla" and pointed to my normal
    bugzilla page, or even keeping the normal name but pointing to my
    bugzilla.

Ideally I would like to be able to add other things in this box too.  On
the other hand, I understand it being desirable to keep a certain similarity
in this box between different projects.  But what I most want to avoid is
most of these links pointing to dead areas.

However, I would ideally like to accomplish the above without having to
push a bunch of special javascript into every single html page I generate.