[Incubator] Incubation Progress Page

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Wed Mar 15 13:15:12 EST 2006

Daniel Brookshier wrote:
> There is a tool called cvs2svn. I believe you can set it to import   the
> complete history. What I usually recommend is just to version  your
> releases, but that's just to ease the transition and capture the  core
> changes. Sort of depends on how old the project is and if it  went
> through massive refactoring making older releases obsolete. Of  course
> capturing the complete history is indeed optimal for most people.
GeoTools and GeoServer both had success using cvs2svn.  As far as I know
the full history made it over, a svn log gives you all the log messages
that have ever happened.  I highly recommend it for all projects, using
svn is really nice, and really easy to transition to from cvs.  The
commands are a cinch, the only change is how you think about it, and
there's a really good book online about it all.