[Incubator] autobuild/autotest for OSGeo projects

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 04:21:14 EST 2006

Frank, all,

it would be nice to have an automated build and smoke test within
the OSGeo structure.

Report from GRASS: we are doing automated builds from CVS every
Saturday, but currently only on x86/Linux inhouse and MacOSX externally.
Once our server grass.itc.it is updated, we can also add mingW builds
(most of GRASS has been ported to MS-Windows native recently).

The software documentation on the web is rendered in the same
moment when the binary is built.

A couple of tests have been implemented along with a new
GRASS Test Suite (still external project) which operates similar to
hobu's bot (but yet without IRC):
http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/GRASS_TestSuite/html/GRASSTestSummary.html

So, things are more or less ready from our side.

Markus