[Incubator] autobuild/autotest for OSGeo projects

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 27 11:48:57 EST 2006

Mark Lucas wrote:
> Automated testing for OSSIM is highly desired.  We have recently created
> an OSSIM test plan and Garrett has started a unit test module.  Any help
> or guidance in this area will be greatly appreciated by the team.

Mark,

I don't have any radical advise.  What I would encourage is to make sure
that at least part of the testing plan is something that can be run
automatically and that reports failures to a log in a way that can be
automatically checked.  Furthermore, that the automated tests and their
supporting data be under source control.

Of course, this doesn't preclude other parts of a test plan that would
be interactive, or depend on local datasets.