[Incubator] Migration Issues

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Fri Mar 31 03:13:15 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> As per our discussion in the incubator meeting, I have prepared a
> wiki page that address migration issues.  It attempts to talk to the
> difficulty of migrating into CN as well as out (if that should be
> necessary).
> Please add thoughts, correct mistakes, etc.
Once concern I cannot figure out how to put on that page is integration
with other open source projects, the ability to share bugs, wiki link to
web pages between GeoTools, MapBuilder (and GeoAPI, GeoServer and uDig)
is important to us.
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Infrastructure_Migration
Updated some information for IRC channel for geotools.

And I need one more section - integration.

Going to try and capture this as a table to indicate what integrates
with what, and in which direction integration occurs. This ranges from
the bug tracker watching svn commits (and slurping up and commit with a
message including a bug number), to letting the wiki access the version
control so that the code examples are from live actual programs (that
are of course kept current via nightly builds).

Hopefully the table can communicate this, if the examples are helpful I
can include those as well.

Thanks for starting this,