Cruise Control Hooks

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 31 13:13:05 EST 2006

Daniel Brookshier wrote:
> Hi Frank
>
> I just uploaded the instructions here:
> https://incubator.osgeo.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=0
>
> I also added a link to a java.net project that talks about other
> integrations, including Maven.
>
> Let me know if you have further questions.

Daniel,

Thanks for the pointers.  I read through the cruise control integration and
I have the impression that the cruise control instance is just polling the
SVN repository periodically to see if there are changes, rather than there
being any special "push" hook where the SVN repository notifies cruise
control about changes in the repository?  Do you think that is correct?

I think, doing an "svn update" equivelent to check for changes every 5-10
minutes would be fine for some purposes.  It may be best for me to hook into
the commit messages to drive stuff like CIA-bot.