[Incubator] Motion: Recommend OpenLayers for Incubation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Oct 31 14:00:51 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Incubation Committee Members,
>
> I motion that the OpenLayers project be recommended to the OSGeo board
> for entrance into incubation with Schyler Erle as project representative
> and Howard Butler as mentor.

+0

I think OpenLayers is a cool and very active project and do not have
strong objections to seeing it as part of OSGeo if it was not for all
the talk about merging or sharing APIs between OpenLayers, ka-Map, and
others. My understanding is that OpenLayers would become the common
project that others work (link?) against, so its future is kind of
assured but I am wondering if we should not wait for things to settle a
little bit before deciding to bring it into incubation.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/