Transfering Code Copyright - restart

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Fri Sep 1 04:00:14 EDT 2006

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> What became of "Contributor Agreement"
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Contributor_Agreement
> It is still lingering in the Wiki but OSGeo does not require them
> currently. Is this in any way connected to transfering code copyright?
> Maybe GeoTools can say a last word (delete or restart discussion).

Well I need to restart the discussion, transferring code copyright does
not relate to the "contributor agreement".

A couple meetings ago we wanted to know how to peruse assign (c) of the
GeoTools codebase to the OSGEO foundation, my understanding was this
had to be taken to the board for direction.

Has anything come of this, is there a formal process to submit a request
to the board? What should we do next.
Jody