[Incubator] Transfering Code Copyright - restart

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Fri Sep 1 09:41:49 EDT 2006

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Restart discussion "transferring code copyright" is fine, but we can
> drop the "Contributor Agreement". Correct?
Yes.
>> A couple meetings ago we wanted to know how to peruse assign (c) of
>> the GeoTools codebase to the OSGEO foundation, my understanding was
>> this had to be taken to the board for direction.
>>
>> Has anything come of this, is there a formal process to submit a
>> request to the board? What should we do next.
>> Jody
> This issue was relayed to legal and is pending. I put it on board
> agenda for a status report and let you know what is going on.
Thank you, I am listed on the contact page so you have a short cut to
talk to the geotools community.
> Formal process... Hmm. I think its fine if you put it on the board
> meeting agenda yourself:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Seventeenth_Board_Meeting
It did not occur to me to set the agenda, since I am not on the board I
would be more asking someone (like Chris Holmes hint) to place this
item on the agenda.
> But probably nobody but the board / cabal knows that this kind of
> thing happens every other week. I guess the formal process is to
> holler at the board list until we work out *and* communicate how to do
> it formally.
As an example I am not on the board email list so CCing these replies
ensures that they only hear half the conversation :-( Can we assume that
any board member can act as a good contact point (until a formal process
is defined)?

Cheers,