[Incubator] Transfering Code Copyright - restart

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 07:58:02 EDT 2006

Rich, all,

I am rather sure that this passage:

" 2. License Terms. OSGeo will make the Contributions available under
a license certified by the Open Source Initiative and may also make
the Contributions available under other license terms.
"

from the proposed document will not be accepted by various
GRASS developers (see earlier discussion). The issue is that
this passage (to my understanding) implies that GPL'ed code
can be changes to, say, MIT license.

Probably we need an additional option, stating something like
"... under other license terms not weaker [find better working] than
 the  original license."

or

"... under LGPL [insert limited license list here] license terms ."

I agree that the situation of assignment to a non-legal entity is
a problem, but - without analyzing it in detail - the current suggestion
looks to me to be the same as earlier the year.

best,
Markus