[Incubator] gvSIG mailing lists at nabble

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 11 10:15:31 EST 2007

Jorge Sanz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After several users requests about searching the gvSIG mailing lists, we are
> including them into main web archive interfaces: mail-archive.com, gmane,
> nabble.
>
> Nabble as you know categorizes the mailing lists and I wonder if there is
> any problem having gvSIG under OSGeo projects category.
>
> I've not included the mailing lists in nabble waiting for your approval on
> that issue so if there is no problem about that I want to add them ASAP.

Jorge,

This is definately not the sort of thing that the Incubator needs to approve,
so I'll take this as a call for feedback/advice.

I think it is a good practice to have project mailing lists browseable and
searchable on at least a few of these services.  The only problem I've
had with it is that if a random user registers it, it can be hard to fix
up the information if the list moves to a new address.  So it is good to
do it as a project action and to keep track of what is needed to update.