[Incubator] New Projects - TODO

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 14:23:23 EST 2007

Hi,

a question: These status pages contain an item:
"Are binary and source downloads available from the OSGeo download area?"

but AFAIK there is no such thing. I think that we need a
prominent download button which usually generates much
(positive) traffic. There the links to the stable releases could
be collected.

Markus

On 1/19/07, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I notice that neither GeoNetwork nor OpenLayers have created their
> incubation status documents, so I have taken the liberty of creating
> stubs from a template.
>
>    http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GeoNetwork_Incubation_Status
>    http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OpenLayers_Incubation_Status
>
> The full official process of incubation page are at:
>    http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/index.html
>
> The main action item for projects at this point is:
>
>   o Iron out the governance for the project.  This may mean forming a
>     project steering committee or something similar, but basically there
>     needs to be a well documented body in charge of the project.
>
>   o Perform a code provenance review, and resolve any issues that come out
>     of that.  Ensure that some clear scheme for vetting contributions and
>     ensuring contributors are aware what they are doing is in place.
>
>   o Work to adhere to the General Principles of Incubation:
>        http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/principles.html
>
> Once this is done, and has had time to be institutionalized in the project,
> it is up to the mentor to suggest the project is ready for graduation and
> the committee will evaluate it.
>
> Best regards,

Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://www.osgeo.org/