[Incubator] Summer of Code

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 7 00:40:18 EST 2007

Folks,

This is sort of a last call to projects interested in participating in
the Google Summer of Code under the OSGeo umbrella.  I will need a pointer to
a page with project ideas and a list of willing mentors - with google
account names for them - at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code

I'd encourage some selectivity in picking mentors.  These folks will be
stuck coddling students and will be expected to be supportive, helpful
and knowledgable.  Also, I'd encourage trimming the ideas list to a moderate
length with reasonably well explained ideas.  Random students with no
background in our industry will be reading them and potentially trying to
prepare proposals based on them.

Email me if you have any questions.