[Incubator] OpenLayers graduation time

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:33:01 EDT 2007

+1
I'm on the Openlayers PSC and have been privy to PSC emails.
With my OSGeo hat on, I'd normally argue that a process like running a
PSC should be "institutionalised", ie in place and used for 3 months +,
I feel that  Openlayers covers this criteria.
Openlayers have been very open in their development processes on list,
and while the PSC list has been closed, they have a diversity of
participants and have been working in a very inclusive manner.

Secondly, Openlayers have made a minor modification to the BSD license
which the call "Clear BSD". This is to address ambiguities which may
expose patent holders. Metacarta intend to propose Clear BSD as a later
version of BSD. While I'd like to avoid license prolification, waiting
for license updates shouldn't delay graduation.

--
Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au