[Incubator] OpenLayers graduation time

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Oct 28 11:27:16 EDT 2007

Howard Butler wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to motion to graduate OpenLayers from incubation.
> OpenLayers has had the advantage of tailoring their governance,
> infrastructure, and licensing/provenance informed by the expectations of
> OSGeo incubation as the project has grown, and they have completed all
> required activities.

Folks,

I declare this motion passed with support from HowardB, DanielM, CameronS,
FrankW, PaulS, ArnulfC, and JodyG, and no dissent.

The recommendation now goes to the board for final ratification this coming
Friday, but for our purposes I think we can consider it passed, and thus
consider a new incubation candidate for it's slot.  But we will hold off on
formal news items and stuff till after Friday's final approval.

Howard, thank you very much for your work as mentor for the OpenLayers project,
and to the OpenLayers team - great work!  You lapped several founding projects
still in incubation. :-)