[Incubator] Meeting Reminder

Richard Gould rwgould at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 17:08:39 EDT 2007

On 10/28/07, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> This is a reminder that there will be an incubator meeting tomorrow (Monday)
> at 18:00 UTC (2:00pm EST).
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=29&year=2007&hour=18&min=0&sec=0
>
> The agenda is at:
>
>    http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/IncCom_Meeting11
>
> Those who can't make it are encouraged to provide input on the mailing list
> in advance.

Unfortunately I am unable to make it to the meeting tomorrow.

* Approve Cameron Shorter as GeoTools Mentor.

+1 from me.

* Discuss readiness of other projects to graduate.

OSSIM is almost ready to graduate, and I will be putting for the
motion very shortly.

* Discuss the four pending applications, and by poll identify one to
propose for incubation.

Out of the four applications, I would pick GEOS. It is well
established and widely used. Both GeoMOOSE and JVNMobileGIS appear to
be very new projects with smallish user bases. More information on the
JVNMobileGIS application would also be helpful. For instance, it
"supports open standards of OGC", but does not specify which
standards.

I am also confused by the ORCHESTRA application. I tried to check out
the project itself, but could not find any indication of code
anywhere. Just design specifications and a pilot project demo. Am I
missing something?

* Discuss, and possible approve the Project Graduation Checklist.

Looks alright to me. I have no suggestions or problems with it.

Richard