[Incubator] Ready to start w. deegree?

Dr. Markus Lupp lupp at lat-lon.de
Tue Apr 15 20:39:39 EDT 2008

Hi Jody,

Jody Garnett schrieb:
> Dr. Markus Lupp wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> it's now some time since there was some activity concerning deegree's
>> incubation. Did I ever say, that we would be glad, if Jody would take
>> over the role as Mentor for deegree? If not - I am doing it now. :-)
> I am willing; I am waiting for FrankW to tell me that the motion for
> GeoNetwork to graduate has been approved.
Fine. Then I will wait as well. ;-)
>> Anything else I can do to get the process started?
> How is your providence review going :-) And do you have any questions
> about what the incubation process is about?
[Thanks Christopher, for translating... ] Is the provenance review our
first task? If yes, I will start with it right away.

Regarding the incubation process: I think I understand the general
principle. We have to meet a number of criteria and our Mentor tells us
what kind of information we have to deliver to allow evaluation of those
criteria. If we do not yet meet some criteria, we have to adjust
accordingly. You, Jody, will report all of this periodically to IncCom.
After we fulfil all criteria, the Incubation Mentor and IncCom
(hopefully) agree, that the project is ripe for full graduation.

Right?

Markus

--
Dr. Markus Lupp