[Incubator] Suggest QGIS For Graduation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 4 12:44:52 EST 2008

Folks,

Ideally Bob Bray as QGIS mentor ought to be doing this, but Gary and I have
been having trouble getting a response from him about QGIS incubation, so...

I think QGIS is pretty much ready for graduation.  The documents are at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/QGIS_Incubation_Status
   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/QGIS_Provenance_Review

As a QGIS developer now, I'm not exactly disinterested, but I think QGIS
is an open community with a governance structure in place.  The code
provenance review found no problems, and in a variety of spot checks myself
I don't see any issues.

So, consider this a "call for questions and concerns" which will hopefully
lead to a motion to graduate within a week or two from either myself or Bob.