[Incubator] Suggest QGIS For Graduation

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Mon Mar 10 22:26:14 EDT 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> The QGIS Social Contract captures the right "vibe", but I'm hesitant
> to vote for QGIS graduation without a process which ensures all
> contributors accept their responsiblities. The acceptance can be an
> email to an archived list (as is the case with Mapbuilder) or more
> legally binding signed paper contract as is the case with many other
> projects.

We've added a Contributors Agreement which lays out the expectations
and implements a requirement to publicly agree on the developer
mailing list. You can view it at:

http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ContributorGuidelines

This paged is linked from a number of other pages to ensure that it is
plainly evident to newcomers.

-gary