[Incubator] Suggest QGIS For Graduation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 11 15:51:40 EDT 2008

Gary Sherman wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
>> The QGIS Social Contract captures the right "vibe", but I'm hesitant
>> to vote for QGIS graduation without a process which ensures all
>> contributors accept their responsiblities. The acceptance can be an
>> email to an archived list (as is the case with Mapbuilder) or more
>> legally binding signed paper contract as is the case with many other
>> projects.
>>
> We've added a Contributors Agreement which lays out the expectations and
> implements a requirement to publicly agree on the developer mailing
> list. You can view it at:
>
> http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ContributorGuidelines
>
> This paged is linked from a number of other pages to ensure that it is
> plainly evident to newcomers.

Gary,

I would also ask that part of the process of adding new commiters is that
they review the appropriate documents and indicate their willingness to
abide by them.  I don't recall any such step when I became a QGIS committer.

In addition to publishing the documents, I think it is important to ensure
new (and old) contributors have reviewed them and agree.