[Incubator] Meeting Monday

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 5 11:47:16 EDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm also wondering if there are any projects ready to graduate?  I
>> know that MapServer is close.  If it is ready, I'd encourage the mentor
>> to make a motion to that effect to this list (as soon as today!) and we
>> can discuss that in the meeting as well.
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GEOS_Incubation_Status
>
> ? :)

Paul,

For the record, I have not recommended GEOS for graduation from incubation
because I feel the project needs time to demonstrate effective community
operation, PSC decisions being made and so forth.  This is a very subjective
issue.  Certainly the objective steps for graduation have been met.

If others feel GEOS should graduate, a motion can be raised to that
effect.  But my opinion, as mentor, is that we should give it a few
months to demonstrate the PSC and community in action.