[Incubator] Motion: MetaCRS to enter Incubation

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 12 12:49:16 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> I am a bit disappointed at the limited and late support.  I might note
> that this project brings PROJ.4, CS-Map, proj4js and libgeotiff into
> OSGeo - some fairly important components for other projects.

As a sort of lurker in this topic I must admit that the MetaCRS isn't
fully clear to me. Reading
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MetaCRS
I feel that
- "Background" is a bit weak (lot's of wishes there)
- " Sub-projects": considered to be... are they or are they not? This
needs to be
   clear in my opinion.
- PSC: would be nice to know where the members originate from/to which member
  project(s) they belong to.
- "Mailing list": any cross-pollination with the PROJ4 lib where algorithms and
   methods are (toughly) discussed? There are several real projection gurus.

I would welcome a section "Scope" - if the super library isn't planned,
what is the main goal? Maybe I am just overlooking it...

I don't want to be negative/super-critical here, just to get these few
things clarified.

thanks,
Markus