[Incubator] MapFish Incubation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:02:06 EDT 2008

Cedric,
I'm delighted to see MapFish present itself for OSGeo Incubation.
I have been watching MapFish's progress for a far and have been
impressed with progress to date.

My initial impressions and suggestions are:
1. The community seems to be almost entirely coming from one company,
CampToCamp. If possible, I strongly encourage you to engage a broader
developer community.
2. Sell yourselves at FOSS4G 2008.
3. You have explained how you are collaborating with other OSGeo
projects which is good. I suggest you also explain the niche that
MapFish fills that other OSGeo projects don't fill. In particular, what
are the differences or similarities with MapBender? Are there
opportunities to integrate with MapBender?
Highlight how you complement Openlayers rather than covering the same
functionality.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect