[Incubator] OSSIM Incubation Status

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Tue Feb 24 13:52:55 EST 2009

I'd like to recommend that the OSSIM project be voted on for OSGEO
Incubation graduation.

OSSIM has been and continues to be a very active project.  One of the
founding projects for OSGeo, the incubation review was completed in
August of 2007 and the project was recommended for promotion.  Richard
Gould, the OSGeo mentor recommended the project for approval on 2 Feb
08.  During an online review in March 2008 several improvements to the
licensing documentation and header structure were recommended and
implemented.  No further incubation activity occurred until Sep 2008 -
during an incubation committee meeting project status was requested.
I was added to the incubation committee at that time.

There are no known issues that I'm aware of and I recommend that the
OSSIM project brought up and voted on for graduation.  If there are
issues or comments that I'm not aware of, please contact me directly
and we'll get them addressed.

Mark Lucas