[Incubator] labs project assigning copyright

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Jun 3 16:58:34 EDT 2009

Hello-

GeoExt is project for building ExtJS based applications with OpenLayers
functionality.  I read through the OSGeo Labs information and added the
project to the list [1].

The GeoExt project steering committee would like to assign copyright for
the GeoExt code base to OSGeo.  The Labs page suggests that this could
be done by "Asking the incubation committee and doing it".

If that is an acceptable way getting approval for assigning copyright,
please consider this an official request: can we please assign copyright
for the GeoExt code base to OSGeo?

I have put together a Contributor Agreement [2] and will collect
signatures from our contributors if this is acceptable.  The agreement
is based on the GeoTools template.  Our code will be distributed with a
BSD license.

Thank you for any answers you can provide.  For previous discussion on
the subject, see the OSGeo-Discuss list [3].  Also, if anybody has any
other suggestions on how this should be done, please let me know.  We're
hoping to do an initial release in the next week and would like to have
this issue settled.

Thanks,
Tim

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs