[Incubator] labs project assigning copyright

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jun 3 19:18:56 EDT 2009

Peter Baumann wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> Is agreement to the submitter agreement done via a web click through?
>>
> the form is built such that you only can submit it once the agreement is
> agreed to.
> See http://kahlua.eecs.jacobs-university.de:8000/trac/rasdaman/patchmanager

Peter,

The agreement seems reasonable comprehensive.  I would note it will
presumably not stand up as a copyright assignment in the USA since
in the US copyright can only be assigned with a signed document.

However, the language seems to cover this via the licensing language.

I have no objection to this mechanism.