[Incubator] OSSIM Incubation Status

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 20:45:01 EDT 2009

Hi Mark:

Thanks for the background.

I am comfortable with this - meeting for lunch is a fine way to run a
PSC. For the incubation requirements I mostly want to to ensure that it
is public that this is where decisions are made; and that others can
invite themselves along for lunch if they want.

Or intent is to be up front with how OSSIM is managed; and to ensure the
community has some idea how they would integrate a new PSC member
(preferably documented). The decisions you arrive at may not be optimal
from a distributed project standpoint; we just want to be sure you
arrive at them.

The GeoNetwork project made a lot of its decisions at a yearly
face-to-face meeting. They have since set up a PSC - but I believe that
the face to face meeting still forms part of their culture.

Jody