[Incubator] OSSIM Incubation Status

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 20 09:51:50 EDT 2009

Jody Garnett wrote:
> It is how I tell the mentor thinks it is ready....however richard has
> spoken up a couple of times now.
>
> Jody
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Daniel Morissette
> <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
>> Usually the mentor summarizes status, makes the motion and opens the vote...
>> not sure if that's a requirement or just tradition though.

Folks,

I would appreciate that a member of the committee bring forward a formal
motion before we start +1'ing willy nilly.  It would normally be the mentor
unless they are incapacitated or something.  The motion should identify the
person intended to be the officer responsible for the project (Mark? Garrett?)
which is normally also the PSC chair.

As Daniel suggests, such a motion would also normally refer to any online
documentation on incubation status so folks can review before voting.

So, as committee chair I'd like to put the brakes on this vote.  If Richard
is available, then he should introduce a motion. If not, someone else can.