[Incubator] New Application: GeoToolkit

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Tue May 26 14:52:45 EDT 2009

Frank Warmerdam a écrit :
> I am getting the impression then that committers will be those who
> can update the "master" repository - named geotoolkit in your case.
> It seems then that things don't really work that much differently than
> the version control approaches I'm accustomed to other than that there
> is nicer support for alternate branches without a central location.

I think that this is basically that. Compared to SVN, the difference is that
what we call the central repository is purely a matter of convention and can
change at anytime, how often we wish. Whatever peoples accept to follow our
convention or not depends on their will, not anymore on the physical reality of
a repository being hoster in one place. The community could choose to ignore the
repository that we call "geotoolkit" and build from a clone maintained by
someone else, at the point where the binary download we provide are considered
irrelevant.

	Martin