[Incubator] quality and officers

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:01:08 EST 2009

Quality, from military and software development standards point of view
usually is proven by:
* Level of code testing provided. (80% code coverage? 100% code
coverage? is every single conditional statement executed? as outlined in
Mil-Std 178B)
* Also, the software development processes in place. Is all code peer
reviewed? Are all issues raised and then tracked through to completion? ...

Yes, in the long term, I think we should look into providing the
opportunity for projects to demonstrate this level of quality as part of
the OSGeo brand, but I would approach it gradually as quality and
testing processes are time consuming to set up.

Please don't set up a new committee. It will contain the same people,
and covers much the same material as incubation, so I'd prefer to
broaden the scope of the incubation committee.