[Incubator] PyWPS incubation admittance

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 17:33:33 EDT 2010

Markus,
I think it will be valuable to have at least one of the WPS projects
become OSGeo projects, if not all.

There are 3 Open Source WPS that I'm aware of:
* 52 North (Java based)
http://52north.org/twiki/bin/view/Processing/52nWebProcessingService
* Zoo: http://www.zoo-project.org/ (C based) http://www.zoo-project.org/
* PyWPS (Python based)

Which ever project does gain the OSGeo stamp of approval will gain an
advantage in user market share.
Also, projects wishing to reach users should consider bundling their
software on the OSGeo LiveDVD (which is handed at at conferences around
the world).

Has anyone produced a comparison of WPS client and server
implementations? I'd be interested to see them published.
Ideally, I'd like to see a WPS comparison table developed, along the
lines of those being developed for the GIS Desktop and Browser clients.
Comparison tables help users decide upon technologies they should select.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally