[Incubator] Re: Is rasdaman suitable/ready for OSGeo incubation?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 17:03:30 EST 2010

On 5/12/2010 2:16 PM, Baumann, Peter wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> what you write below makes a lot of sense to me. So I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that actually the issue is not about the license model and initial contributor setup as such, but about gaining more community thrust.
Correct.

>   This coincides completely with our planned activities. BTW, what ballpark do you have in mind when saying "multiple"?

I'd suggest that having at least 3 non-trivial, different funding
sources in a period of 18 months would indicate a reasonable level of
stability and maturity to the project. (This is based upon my personal
experience and gut feeling. I'd love to see some research to back this up).

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally