[Incubator] Re: Is rasdaman suitable/ready for OSGeo incubation?

Pieter De Graef pieter.degraef at geosparc.com
Mon Dec 6 02:31:26 EST 2010

I believe your situation resembles mine a bit (2 years ago). When
Geosparc was founded to support the Open Source project Geomajas, there
where people from only 2 companies behind the project. We too had it
quite difficult in the beginning to attract people.

I believe what you need to do is make the intentions of your company as
clear as possible, and make sure the Open Source project is a
stand-alone project.
On the Geomajas website, you will have a hard time looking for the
Geosparc name. We made sure that the Geomajas website was 100% community
based, and even though in the beginning there hardly was any community,
now there is.
It could be me, but when I see services etc on the main page, it does
not give me the impression of being a stand-alone project. Although this
is just an impression, don't forget perception is king. Of course I'm
known to be mistaken every now and then.

--
Pieter De Graef

Community Manager
GeoSparc nv.