[Incubator] 5 Star OSGeo project maturity rating
cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 16:49:33 EDT 2010
For the OSGeo LiveDVD and OSGeo marketing material, I propose we use a 5
star maturity rating. This is because it is too difficult to explain in
a couple of words, the difference between: "Graduated", "In Incubation",
Again, I'm interested to hear comments on whether I have defined a good
rating system, before we set it in stone.
A 5 star rating system to qualify the how established a project is.
Rating is to be broken down as follows:
* 5 stars: This rating is yet to be defined, and will not be
allocated to projects yet. Project includes bundled software,
regular builds, security updates, training, etc.
* 4 stars: Project has passed osgeo incubation
* 3.5 stars: Not to be used yet, but may later be introduced for
projects which have entered incubation.
* 3 stars: Project has Stable Software, a Stable community, is
deployed in production systems, and is ready to pass criteria
to enter incubation.
* 2 stars: Project has Stable Software.
* 1 star: Project has Beta software.
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
Think Globally, Fix Locally
Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Incubator