[Incubator] Incubation Meeting Minutes

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 3 16:34:07 EST 2010

Folks,

I have written up the incubation commitee meeting minutes at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IncCom_Meeting14

The full discussion is also linked from there.

Cameron's suggestions for revisions to the graduation checklist were
met with significant resistance because it was felt that some of the more
stringent requirements are too difficult to expect of all projects and/or
they are too specific and don't reflect the diversity of approaches in
different projects.

While I was one of those who was resistant, I think his objective of trying
to raise quality bar is reasonable and I wonder how we can do it without
being too rigid.  On the other hand Daniel made the point that perhaps it
is not practical for OSGeo to police quality and all that we can practically
do is to ensure that a community process is setup properly and hope that
quality will improve out of that.

There also remains a good deal of uncertainty about how to judge suitability
of smaller and less mature projects with regard to whether they are suitable
for incubation.