[Incubator] two different xGPL licences in one project?

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Thu Mar 11 13:49:04 EST 2010

Hi listers,

we have two OS projects:
- the rasdaman raster DBMS which is domain neutral (www.rasdaman.org);
this is GPL
- the PetaScope add-on to rasdaman which offers OGC conformant
interfaces (www.petascope.org); this is LGPL

Experience shows that this is confusing for our community, and I would
love to merge them both, whereby mergin means: hosting under the same
URL and having a single installation procedure.

Q: Is that possible given the two different licence models? Any special
measures to be taken?

All comments appreciated.

-Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
   mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
   tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
   www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis
dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec
preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 10xx)