[Incubator] PyWPS

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Fri Mar 12 14:02:54 EST 2010

Daniel Morissette ha scritto:
> Andrea Aime wrote:
>>
>> Mind, GeoServer never actually used the dual licensing scheme, though
>> there has been some discussion on whether it would be possible
>> for OpenPlans (the copyright holder) to sell GeoServer source
>> code under a commercial license.
>>

> Um... I never realized this dual licensing possibility during
> GeoServer's incubation.
>
> Dual licensing / single copyright holder should become a question to
> address for future incubated projects.

Dual licensing is actually possible any time there is a single
owner of the copyright, no? Whether it has been discussed or not,
the owner can do whatever it pleases with the source code.
What I'm trying to say is that the moment a single entity owns
the copyright, the event we're discussing is possible, unless
the copyright assignement done by the developers to the single
entity prevents this in some form.

Am I missing something?

Cheers
Andrea