[Incubator] Reasons to bring a project to OSGeo Labs

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 18:27:15 EDT 2010

Hi Jo,
Sounds like your project is a good candidate for OSGeo Labs.
The idea behind Labs is to keep the barrier to entry low.
Do you pass the questions:
* "Am I Geospatial related?"
* "Am I Open Source?"
* "Do I hope to develop toward an OSGeo project in the future? There
need not be a commitment to move to a graduated project, just a moving
toward OSGeo ideals."

If you can answer "YES" to above, I'd encourage you to list your project
on OSGeo Labs.

We regards to exiting OSGeo Labs. We have not yet worked out this
process, however if the project has some activity, I don't see OSGeo
pushing projects out. Grounds for pushing a project out would be if the
project moves away from the above ideals, or if the project has become
completely inactive, without any interest from users or developers.