[Incubator] next Incubator Committee meeting: request for rasdaman incubation decision

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 21 17:26:06 EDT 2010

Peter Baumann wrote:
> Dear incubation folks,
>
> as I couldn't notice any response on my mail below let me come back on
> it: when is the next incubation committee meeting going to take place? I
> know you guys have tons of obligations, but can you confirm that the
> request to promote rasdaman to "incubation" will be on the agenda?

Peter,

There isn't yet a scheduled meeting.

Note that many work items can occur without a meeting.  For instance,
anyone on the committee could bring forward a motion for Rasterman to
enter incubation, forcing a vote.  Normally this would be done after a
courtesy email giving people a chance to review the application.  This
is often done by the mentor candidate who is normally already a member
of the committee.

I have not had the energy to properly chair the incubation committee for
some time, and I am keen to pass on the chair to someone else.  Daniel
Morissette has indicated some willingness to take it but I am waiting for
him to return home and get settled in before opening a discussion on this
topic.