[Incubator] MapFish Incubation

Gary Sherman gsherman at mrcc.com
Tue Aug 2 14:39:59 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Daniel Morissette
<dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> Hi Gary, and MapFish PSC,
>

> - Gary: as the mentor, could you please comment on whether the project has
> an open and active users and developers community? I believe it does and the
> MapFish incubation status page says so, but I'd like to hear the opinion of
> an observer not on the project that has been following them for several
> months. More specifically, does the developer community work in an open
> (i.e. on public lists, not behind closed doors) and healthy way, open to
> input, new members and reaching consensus on decisions?

It seems that the community is open and the community is active,
although at a lower level than some projects as Frank observed in this
thread. The developer community is open and as far as I can tell, does
not operate behind close doors. As an example, requests for action to
the PSC use the -Dev mailing list. From what I have seen, the
community is certainly open to new contributors.

-gary
Gary Sherman
Chair, QGIS Project Steering Committee
-Desktop GIS Book: