[Incubator] MapFish Incubation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Aug 9 11:00:25 EDT 2011

Thank you Eric and the MapFish team for addressing the questions.

With respect to the motion, I don't think there is a written rule, but
in the past it was most of the time the mentor that made the motion,
after stating that he believes that the project meets the incubator
requirements, and naming the project liaison. The motion should be left
open for a week. (There are several examples in the list archives to
copy from.)

I am happy to make the motion if Gary is not available. We'd just need a
confirmation of who the project liaison will be (presumably Eric
Lemoine?). Once the motion is passed, I will take it to the next board
meeting (September 1st) for approval.

In the meantime, all committee members that have not done it yet are
invited to review the MapFish incubation documents:
   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MapFish_Incubation_Status

Daniel

On 11-08-09 04:05 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> I was going to wait for the chair to make the motion; and I would expect
> that after discussion has died down.
>
> What we can do is pester the other committee members to read and ask
> questions while we wait.
>
> Jody
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Eric Lemoine
> <eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com <mailto:eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      > Thanks for running through the questions Eric: Part of responding 1st
>      > appears to be having a lot of questions. I do remember Zope now;
>     thanks for
>      > the reminder that they had their own license.
>      > I also like the approach of adopting the license of the community
>     you are
>      > integrating with (we run into this with udig occasionally given
>     the eclipse
>      > environment we play in).
>      >
>      > We're hoping this answers questions and concerns. We're happy to
>      > answer new questions, if any.
>      >
>      > I am good; and thanks for the clear communication.
>      > What we next is a motion for graduation; and around of voting if
>     I remember
>      > the procedure (not sure if that has to happen in an IRC meeting
>     or not
>      > ....). It has been a while.
>
>     Thank you Jody. Please tell us if, and how, we can help move forward
>     with the graduation.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     --
>     Eric Lemoine