[Incubator] How to contact the Board?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 08:26:37 EST 2011

> > Has the project been approved for incubation by the OSGeo board?
> > Not that I know of. Jody would you like to add this to the next
> > Board agenda or should I?

I will add it to the agenda here:
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2011-12-08
> > I suspect that this is one of my responsibilities as project mentor?
> >
> > In the past I simply asked on this email list, and the incubation chair
> > quickly handled such things. I was not sure if that was simply because
> > they were on the OSGeo board (or if they were acting as incubation
> > chair). Please advise :-P
> >

> I'd say it would be the responsibility of the IncCom chair to take those
> decisions to the board for approval after the committee has made the
> decision. If I'm not mistaken the chair of a committee is also the
> liaison to the board for that committee (someone please correct me if
> I'm wrong).

If so I have not been briefed on how to contact the board. Each I email a board member I regret it as my email gets shared with the board list; and I get email list violations every time I reply to the thread.

Let me simply ask; is there a member of the board on this email list we can ask?
> You raise an interesting point that in the past, by coincidence, IncCom
> chairs have always also been board members... does this mean that you
> are going to have to join the board next year? ;-)

Not in this timezone :-) Unless the board wants to pull the GeoTools trick of having the IRC meeting twice in one day (with a common set of minuets).
> More seriously, if that would make your job easier then I'm happy to
> take care of bringing up those decisions to the board for approval. Just
> let me know.

I will add it to the agenda; if the board wants me to crash their meeting to report in from the incubation committee they just need to let me know.