[Incubator] Questions about Documentation License and Code Contribution Procedures

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 14:01:53 PST 2012

On 01/01/13 04:33, Landon Blake wrote:
> Bump...Anybody there?
>
> I'd like to get some feedback on these two (2) issues so I can get
> back to the Geoserver Project.
>
> I know everyone is busy. Thanks for the help.
>
> Landon
>
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Landon Blake
> <sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm in the midst of trying to tie up loose ends on the GeoServer
>> incubation graduation. A couple of questions came up today. I'm hoping
>> the other committee members can help me answer them:
>>
>> 1) Project Documentation: Does existing project documentation need to
>> be released under an open license for a project to graduate
>> incubation. That seems to be indicated by the information here:
>>
>> http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/project_graduation_checklist.html

Yes. Documentation should be available for free, and future users should
be allowed to improve and extend the documentation.

>> 2) Are there specific requirements for code contribution procedures?
>> This was an item in my checklist for Geoserver, but I couldn't find it
>> mentioned on the project gradutation checlist or the page for code
>> provenance review. Maybe I dreamed it up? :] At any rate, if I need to
>> look for specific things in Geoservers code contribution procedures,
>> what are they?

Landon,
It seems you have picked up an opportunity to tweak our graduation check
list.http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/project_graduation_checklist.html

I'd say that it is implied that a project needs to have a code
contribution procedure in order to meet:

Copyright and Licence Conditions:
5. All code contributors have agreed to abide by the project's license
policy, and this agreement has been documented and archived.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally