[Incubator] Asking permission to copy portion of code in the public domain

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 2 15:09:03 EST 2012

On 12-01-02 11:39 AM, Martin Desruisseaux wrote:
> Do I have Osgeo permission to publish in public domain derivative work of
> AffineTransform2D, GeneralMatrix, GeneralDirectPosition and similar "simple"
> classes writen by myself?

Martin,

OSGeo holds such copyright on behalf of projects.  I think the optimal
course would be for the Geotools PSC to make a motion supporting the
assignment, and the Geotools PSC chair/board liason to declare it in
force on behalf of OSGeo (as an officer of the foundation).

I certainly have no concern about the proposed action.